Currently... October!

Fall is in the air, October has arrived, and that means it's time for this month's Currently!


Listening: I've been feeling a bit nostalgic these past few days. Maybe it's the change of seasons, or that I'm still trying to settle into a routine with my students, but I've really been enjoying some old Friends episodes.

Loving: I'm loving the cool weather, and yesterday it actually rained. It was a brief shower, but the students had their first indoor recess of the school year. It was cloudy all day and I went home right after school, put on some comfy clothes, poured a glass of wine, and turned to some old Friends (see above).

Thinking: Normally I don't dress up for Halloween (I know, I know, EVERYONE dresses up for Halloween except me). But this year I think I'll go all out. There are a few costume shops nearby, so I'm going to check them out to get some ideas.

Wanting: I want to plan a weekend getaway. I have a week off this month, so I'm trying to choose a destination... Somewhere outside California... Somewhere I've never been... Maybe Denver?


Needing: I had to think about this one for a while. I think the only thing I'm missing right now is some time with friends. I have friends scattered around the world after living abroad for so long, so it's hard to see them regularly... much less get everyone together at the same time.

Boo-tiful: I love travel. I mean, I wish I could just quit my job and travel the world. I can always find the beauty in other places, and there's so much of it to see in the world. If you could go anywhere, where would it be?

Dolores Park, San Francisco
(As much as I like to get away, I know how lucky I am to call this beautiful place my home.)


Don't forget to check out some other great blogs by clicking on the blog button below!


4 comments:

  1. I know the feeling about needing to catch up with some friends. I was just chatting to a friend who I haven't seen in nearly a year (which makes me a little sad, really). I hope you get a chance to catch up with your friends soon!

    Stef
    Miss Galvin Learns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love the cool weather as well! Although its been dreary and rainy here, I love how cool the temps have gotten! I also love friends!! I have even gotten my own children to love it :) Wishing you a great October, hopefully you will get to catch up with your friends soon!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm desperately in need of a weekend getaway, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I normally don't do much for Halloween and have been a pink crayola crayon for the last couple of years... but this year I think I might go all out! I found the cutest My Little Pony Rainbow Dash costume at Party City last year and am hoping they still have it.. it might end up being a little pricy but I know the girls in my class will go wild! haha

    Yukari
    A Pinch of Kinder

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS