Holiday Desserts: Variations of Old Favorites

I don't know about you, but I LOVE holiday desserts. Cakes, cookies, pies, and basically anything with cream cheese or brown sugar. This is the time of year that my kitchen sees the most action. I love to share what I bake with friends, colleagues, and students, but this year I have a few students with (extremely) severe allergies, so I won't be taking any desserts into the classroom. So, it looks like I'll have to find other people to share with. :)

In this post, I've included several of my personal favorites. Most of them are classic holiday desserts... but with a slight twist. For example, these vanilla sugardoodles are inspired by the classic sugardoodles, minus the cinnamon and with more of a vanilla flavor. Mmmmm... vanilla.

That said, I have to admit that I've included one classic recipe without any twist... Unless you consider a homemade chocolate cake a twist. This cake is so easy to make that I will never go back to boxed cake again! And, I can pronounce all of the ingredients! Bonus!

Click on any of the pictures below to take you to the recipe. I hope you try some of these and love them as much as I do! :)

Soft and Chewy Vanilla Sugardoodles
Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache
Mini Chocolate Espresso Bundt Cakes
Strawberry No-Bake Cheesecake
Browned Butter Sugar Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS