Five for Friday! {April 17, 2015}

Are you ready for the weekend?! That's right, it's time again for another Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching!



 


Forget the green smoothies. I've been addicted to these sweet treats this week.

  
Wow. We're back from Spring Break and the kids are acting like it's the end of the year! To avoid the end-of-day drama (a.k.a. taking 20 minutes to pack up), I've begun to use GoNoodle as an incentive. If the kids get ready to go home quickly, they get a brain break! It ends up saving us about 7 minutes per day. But the sanity it saves is priceless. What's your end of day routine?

  
We've been learning about forces and motion, and this week we experimented with building towers from marshmallows and toothpicks. Students learned about gravity, foundations of structures, and distribution of weight. They were SO focused and engaged, and I couldn't believe how well they were working together and communicating their ideas. I wish I could do experiments like these every day!

 
 
 



 

During independent reading, students have been reading with the Epic! app on their iPads. If you aren't familiar with this app, you should check it out. It's free for educators, and it provides lots of options for students to read from different genres, levels, and categories of interest.


  
  

Spring Break is over, but it was less than one week ago that I visited Napa Valley. It's always so beautiful there! 

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Erica!
    I live in California, but have never been to Napa. I want to, but I just haven't made it. The pictures are great! The tower activity looks like so much fun. I bet your kids had a blast!

    Stacy
    Made with Love

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS